Friday, August 20, 2010

Welcome to my new home!

I have moved into the apartment I will be living in for this year, and I'm here to tell you- I will survive!
Wahoo! I'm home!
As you may have noticed, they even got the colors right! Blue and red- how did they know??

I'm living in a student village that is a short T-bane (subway) ride from the University. I'm on the third (of four) floors of my building, which provides for a nice view of the courtyard below us.

The view from my bedroom window, looking south
The view from my bedroom window, looking west
 
There are tons of runners and bikers around here- I can tell it is an active place- I even saw 2 girls on roller skis today! There are about 2 dozen buildings in this village, but it doesn’t feel uncomfortably large.


Sognsvann Lake is just a short walk from my building,  and there are walking paths, hiking trails, and bike trails that circle the lake.
Sognsvann Lake



I took two laps of the lake on two different trails, and had a blast exploring what will be my ski trails in a few months! I better get to know them well now, because this doesn't help me much:
Maybe at somepoint I'll be able to decipher this...

One major highlight of the day: I was reading on this article on Fasterskier.com about Petter Northug. Out of pure curiosity, I searched for the location of the Olympic Facility in Oslo, and discovered that it is 10 minutes from my apartment! Maybe, if I'm really lucky, I'll be riding the T-bane with Norwegian skiing stars! I'll keep my eyes peeled and keep you updated, nordies...



No comments:

Post a Comment