Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tomtehytte

While Paul was visiting me in Oslo, we had a three-day trip to a hut in Nordmarka, the forest that surrounds the city to the North. I had reserved the hut from DNT, the Norwegian Trekking Association. There are huts, both staffed and unstaffed throughout the forest and can be accessed from many trailheads around the area. We decided to start from Sognsvann, just minutes away from where I live. The route was 16 kilometers, and we headed off with a good map, lots of extra socks, and Kvikk Lunsj to get us through the journey.








The hut, quite simply, was heavenly. We ate and read by candle light, got water from the icy well, dried our clothes over the wood stove, skied until we were too tired to ski anymore, and slept in a LOFT. How cool.











It snowed while we were there, giving the trails a much needed covering for our ski out. All in all, a successful trip. I can't wait to do it again! Who's with me?

2 comments:

  1. The link to the kit-kat-esque commercial, the triptych of Paul skiing away, and the timed photo all = amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad your trip to the hut was heavenly!!!!

    ReplyDelete