Tuesday, February 15, 2011

FIS World Cup: Drammen, Feb 19-20

The final competition before the World Championships in Holmenkollen will be held this weekend in Drammen, Norway. The races are only a short train ride from Oslo, so I'm heading over to check out the action! The races on Saturday will be Classic (10K for the ladies, 15K for the men). Sunday will be the sprints (qualifiers and finals). Drammen will be a great chance to see the players in action before the main event. Almost all of the Americans that will be lining up at Holmenkollen will be racing. Morten Olsen, press officer for the event, stated that "this is among the very best starting field in the World Cup so far this season..."

Kikkan Randall (courtesy of NY Times)
There is no doubt that the Norwegians will show up ready to go. Petter Northug is on the schedule and Marit Bjørgen said that the competition in Drammen will be "a taste of what is happening in the World Cup."  

My mom sent me an American flag to bring along to the races to show my support. Unfortunately, I don't have a cowbell, but that won't stop me from sharing my enthusiasm! See you on the trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment