Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I'm Melting!

With the US facing "Snowmageddon," we here in Oslo are precipitation deprived. No snow has fallen in the last two weeks or more. The Norwegian Meteorologist Institute reports that Oslo has received 47 mm (that is only 1.8 inches!) of precipitation over the last 30 days. Temperatures are tiptoeing above freezing, bringing an eerie warm that only means one thing- melting.

Needless to say, it's not a wintery frosted wonderland here anymore. Since I apparently only take pictures when the sun is out and everything is glimmering, I have no proof.

Regardless, I'm headed off to Trondheim tomorrow! Initially my thought was that going North would mean colder temps, but the forecast is suggesting otherwise. It won't stop me! I'm blazing onward, klister in hand!

Thanks for sticking with me- I know the posts have been few and far between, but prepare yourself for much more in the upcoming month! There is a lot on my plate, and I'm going to share as much as I can with you this February.

No comments:

Post a Comment