Saturday, November 27, 2010

Another Week Gone

Wahoo! I was able to sneak a ski into my study days early this week! The snow pack is still quite small, but I had to give it a go. For Willie's birthday on Sunday, I pulled on my boots and hit the (icy) trails. I had a fair number of tree roots and rocks to avoid, but it was worth it, and my skis fared fine. There still isn't enough snow for the groomer so the trail is just packed by foot traffic. Regardless of less-than perfect conditions, it was a blast to get on my skis again! It kicked my butt, though! 
But most of my week has looked like this:
I had a big exam in Geology on Tuesday, so the books were hit. It was blustery and cold, and the library was filled with fellow crammers. I won't bore you with school specifics, but the lack of blog posts has a lot to do with school. That's all I'm sayin'.

And just like that, the days are flying past me and I realize I only have three weeks until I'm headed to my next adventure, the next chapter of this ever-changing year abroad. 

And as for more skiing, I'm thinking that good things come to those who wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment